Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

Why I Go

In the Spring of 2015, I was one of 82 teachers selected out of 400+ applications to participate in the Teachers for Global Classroom. This program is 100% funded by the U.S. State Department  and is designed to help teach global citizenship and bring the world into the classroom. In the fall, I participated in an eight week long, graduate level web course on creating a global classroom. I just returned from Washington, D.C. for a two day long conference on Global Education. The third part of the program is to have an international travel experience. Finally, I need to bring back all of the information that I have learned to my home community.

Teachers from this program will be traveling to Morocco, Georgia, Senegal, Philippines, India, and Columbia. I was fortunate to be selected to travel to the Republic of Georgia.

My reasons for participating in the program:

1) Go on an adventure.
2) Lead my students and my own family on a virtual field trip.
3) Encourage and inspire others to travel.
4) Improve my teaching and help my students get connected to the world.

1 comment:

  1. You are already an inspiration- from good to great, that's where you are bound.

    ReplyDelete