Pages

Friday, March 18, 2016

Rabiti Castle

After school I visited Rabati Castle which was made into a tourist attraction in 2012. It was the site of a castle that has been around since the time of the Silk Road. Many people have inhabited the land around the area of the castle. In the museum, which I was not allowed to take pictures, I saw a petrified grape root that was 9000 years old. I also saw human artifacts and tools from 4000 B.C. to 1600 A.D.  There was so much information that I was told that it was impossible to remember it all and I will not even try to attempt to tell the story. I wish I had taken notes.

In any case, here are some pictures from Rabati Castle:



This is to represent a mosque. This was a church turned into a mosque back to a church back to a place for storage during the Soviet era and is now a replica of a mosque.


Cool art work.






The only Catholic Monastery in Georgia. Was built in 12th Century.









Our hotel from from as seen from the castle.


No comments:

Post a Comment